Sunday, February 18, 2007

It's a boy!

Sunila and I are proud and extremely happy to announce the arrival of our son on 14th Feb 2007. He weighed 2.96 kgs and was born at 3:13 PM. He took one look at the world and asked, in a vigorously loud manner , to be put right back in - and for some reason, the doctors were very happy he was screaming. Crying is good, they said. I cannot understand what medicine does to people.

He's adorable. We're going to name him Varun. Varun Shenoy. He was born on Valentine's day, which means he's going to have to spend his birthday GIVING out gifts rather than getting them, unless he becomes a handsome hunk (like me). He's already quite a looker:


(Click on it - you'll see more)

Yes, I'm a dad now. These are exciting times for us; and I'm so happy I cannot describe it in words. One thing I do know: I was with Sunila through labour and during delivery - if anyone says men are the superior sex, I will slap them right across the face.

We're back home now, after three days in the hospital, and I'm already changing nappies like a professional. Everything else in my life can wait; this is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me, and my top 3 priorities are family, family and yes, family. Life is beautiful!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! pretty pictures prevail...
btw, i beat you to it...announced this on my blog on 16th. heh
(i know you know that...this is just for record!) ;-)

4:26 PM, February 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deepak, I go by the name of BINSOUZA,a derivate of De Souza, or in Arabic "Son of Souza"
Your son does look cute, and I can understand how proud U must be. I pampered my first child. I hope Binshennoy turns out to be just like his dad. Your blog is very informative, Keep up the good work. Regards to Varun's ? mum as well.

9:11 PM, February 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deepak,
Congratulations........
(I'm a regular visitor of your 'The indian investor's blog'

Regards
Giri

10:23 PM, February 18, 2007  
Blogger Maneesh said...

Welcome...new member of the Shenoy family!

Congrats,
Maneesh

11:17 PM, February 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deepak!!


Congratulations on becoming a father!!

cheers
Rahul

12:03 PM, February 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Deepak,
Varun is real cute, I am sure you and your wife are lucky. I wish everything fine for both mom and the baby.

I am a visitor of your Indian Investor blog, from San Jose, USA.

I am happy for you..
Sree

7:55 AM, February 22, 2007  
Blogger Anuja said...

Congrats on your Cupid!

12:01 PM, February 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deepak,

Congrats! The baby is really cute.

~Puneeth

2:50 PM, February 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Congrats....I was enlightened abt ur investor blog by one of my friend...since then I have become more knowledgeable (relatively) now after reading...and also I have suggested your blog to other novices...

Thanks...
Preetham S

1:03 AM, February 25, 2007  
Blogger Anand said...

Congratulations on the new addition. We can look fwd to the legacy continuing.

2:05 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Alien said...

Congrats.. I just happened to blog hop to 'The Indian Investor's Blog' and found my way here...

Congrats to you and Sunila... Little Varun is very cute too....

I think I am going to make this droppping by a habit!!!

cheers

5:54 PM, February 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I am really happy for you and wish Good Luck to you and and your family.I wish this sweet boy to be The Prudent Indian.
PI

9:01 PM, March 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bole to...congratulations!!

Landed up here through Angshu's blog. Looks like I'll be a regular visitor now...!

12:30 AM, March 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deepak,I happen to hit on your investment blog while searching for some investment stuffs & eventually i landed here :)

Congratulations!!!Varun is very cute...

Keep up the good work...You've an amazing writing style...

5:39 PM, April 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I am working on a little youtube video and wondered if it would be ok to have five seconds of your beautiful baby as Prahlad, in my short story of Prahlad....

He just looks like an angel, and so perfect!

3:36 AM, June 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home