Monday, January 30, 2006

Getting linked.

I just found Shanti's post on How to Get on Desipundit for Dummies. I'm going to be the crash test dummy for today and follow all steps required.

I remember, when I was a kid[1], that Indian politics sucked[2]. Indira Gandhi was an absolute idiot, but what else can you expect from a woman?[3] And her son, Rajiv, was totally off his rocker, like all congressmen, totally and completely logic challenged.[4] At the time, the western media berated his actions, but for all the wrong reasons.[5] And yet, the "phoren" dude would revel in "Indianness", which they equated to dressing in saffron, smoking pot and having tantric sex [6], which were as fascinating to me as an adolescent.[1 again] It used to get my goat, the first time I went abroad, that people asked me if I owned an elephant.[7]

"Yeah, of course, we all do. We get an elephant each on our tenth birthday", I used to say, and they would know NEVER to mess with Deepak Shenoy.

Deepak Shenoy
.

That's the name they feared.[8]

"Don't mess with Deepak Shenoy", they'd say to each other when they passed each other on the street.
"Who's Deepak Shenoy?"
"That bloke, there"
"He's Deepak Shenoy?"
"Yeah"
"And I'm not to mess with him?"
"Yeah"
"Okay, I won't mess with Deepak Shenoy". [9]

[1] to [7]: Rules on the page you didn't go to, you lazy bum.
[8] : Segue.
[9] : Not big letters, but surely all over the place.

Well, I don't expect to be linked to. (And I expect to have ended that sentence with a preposition.)

Was fun writing it, though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shanti Mangala said...

Deepak, hilarious! You really should get linked :)

8:41 PM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Mitesh said...

Hahaha...thats hilarious!

4:56 AM, February 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home